Provider Resources: COVID-19
Effective April 2, 2020 – Diagnostic Imaging Northwest will be implementing a universal masking protocol at all of our outpatient imaging centers. Learn more about Universal Masking.
In response to the rapid spread of COVID-19, the shortage of available PPE, and the needs of our community, we have established our first dedicated imaging location for symptomatic patients at TRA Lakewood.
Here’s what you need to know:
Location: TRA Lakewood
Services: X-ray & CT
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
* Exams are by appointment-only. If a patient arrives without an appointment, they will be asked to sit in their car, and call our scheduling team to make an appointment.
Diagnosis/Acuity: Appropriate referrals include medically stable patients with respiratory symptoms (cough, shortness of breath) or patients with fever who have not had a positive test for COVID-19. Patients with confirmed COVID-19 or those requiring urgent medical care should be referred to higher acuity centers including ED if necessary.
Note: Patients will be required to arrive with a mask and to keep it on for the duration of their stay.
- DINW – Puyallup Imaging Center*
- DINW – Sunrise Imaging Center
- DINW – Bonney Lake Imaging Center
*We are directing our high-risk Oncology patients to this facility regardless of their symptoms.
Diagnosis: We will not be seeing patients with respiratory symptoms at any of these locations. Patients with confirmed COVID-19 or those requiring urgent medical care should be referred to higher acuity centers including ED if necessary.
It is imperative that we have the following information documented on the patient’s order:
- Screening questions answered (fever, cough, shortness of breath)
- Has the patient been tested for COVID-19? If yes, please provide the date of testing.
- Positive result – patient must be sent to a higher acuity facility.
- Negative – please proceed to TRA Lakewood for imaging.
Download Order Forms
Urgent Exam Scheduling
In order to best serve our patients, we have created a dedicated team for handling STAT exams.
Urgent Exam Scheduling should be used for:
- Scheduling medically urgent studies that should not wait more than a few weeks to be performed
- The ability to communicate the details or guidelines about when a study needs to be scheduled
Please note: In order for our team to see your STAT patients quickly, we must have a signed order with clinicals.
Urgent Exam Scheduling: (253) 680-3395
Plain Film Scheduling for All Locations
Due to the development of our dedicated imaging site for symptomatic patients, we will only be accepting X-rays by appointment-only at DINW locations. This will help make sure symptomatic patients are seen at the dedicated imaging facility for symptomatic patients, reducing opportunities for exposure and ensuring all patients are seen in a timely fashion.
DINW Scheduling: 253-841-4353
Bonney Lake Medical Center
As we continue to consolidate services in order to minimize exposure and be most effective with the PPE supply we have, we will be temporarily discontinuing services at Diagnostic Imaging Northwest – BLMOB as of 3/25/2020.